MDSc Orthodontics (Sydney)
Specialist in Orthodontics
Dr Loh received his dental degree in 1989. He then served in the Singapore Armed Forces as a Dental Officer before going to Sydney to pursue specialist training in orthodontics, obtaining his Master’s degree in 1994. In 1997, Dr Loh started Omni Dental Centre at The Heeren. That year, he also earned his Diploma in Practice Management with high distinction from the University of New England. For the contributions and services that he has rendered to the dental profession, Dr Loh was awarded the Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International in 2001. He is also registered on the Specialist Register under Orthodontics.
Dr Loh’s other achievements include:
- Visiting Dental Officer (Orthodontics) Department of Health, New South Wales, Australia 1991-1993
- Department of Orthodontics, Government Dental Clinic, Ministry of Health 1994-1997
- Department of Orthodontics, National Dental Centre 1997
- Principal, Private Practice since 1997
- Honorary General Secretary, Singapore Dental Association 2000-2002
- Singapore’s National Secretary to the Federation Dentaire Internationale 2000-2002
- Chairman, Continuing Dental Education Committee, Singapore Dental Association 2002-2003
- Chairman, Special Projects Committee, Singapore Dental Association 2003-2004
- Honorary Secretary, Association of Orthodontists, Singapore 1994-1996, 2004-2005
- Honorary Auditor, Association of Orthodontists, Singapore 2002-2003
- Vice-President, Association of Orthodontists, Singapore 2005-2006
- Executive Committee Member, Association of Orthodontists, Singapore 2006-2009
- Part-time Lecturer in Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore 1998-2000
- Part-time Lecturer in Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney 1994
- Quality Assurance Committee, Ministry of Health 2003-2006
Dr Loh is also researching into improving the practice of orthodontics in particular and dentistry in general. Currently, he is investigating a complete redesign of the orthodontic braces and the automation of clinical dentistry.
Outside of dentistry, he is constantly in search of knowledge, especially in history, arts, nature, transport, travel, gastronomy, military, sports, current affairs, other disciplines and fields of work. As such, he always enjoys a good conversation with people he meets, both young and old.
Omni Dental Centre
260 Orchard Road, #08 – 05, The Heeren, Singapore 238855