• MA (Pathology) (Cambridge University)
• MBBChir (Cambridge University)
• FRCS (Edinburgh)
• FRCS (Glasgow)
• MMed (Surgery) (National University of Singapore)
• Exit Certification in Plastic Surgery (Specialist Accreditation Board, Singapore)
• Exit Certification in Hand Surgery (Specialist Accreditation Board, Singapore)
• FAMS (Plastic Surgery) (Academy of Medicine, Singapore)
• FRCS (Plastic Surgery) (Intercollegiate Specialty Boards, United Kingdom)
Dr Lim Jiun Ivor received his undergraduate medical training at Cambridge University and St. Thomas’s Hospital (London), and qualified MBBChir (Cambridge) with the additional degree of an MA in Pathology where he investigated the molecular mechanisms for the generation of fever. Dr. Lim was first exposed to Plastic Surgery at the internationally renowned St Thomas’s Hospital Plastic Surgery Unit, and quickly realised that this was the area of surgery in which he could excel with his love for fine, delicate, aesthetically refined work.
Dr. Lim returned to Singapore and completed his Basic Surgical Training, whereupon he successfully passed examinations and became a Fellow of both the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow. Shortly after, he obtained his Master of Medicine (Surgery) Degree at the National University of Singapore, winning the Yahya Cohen Gold Medal, and successfully gained competitive entrance into Plastic Surgery Advanced Surgical Training. His Plastic Surgical training included Hand Surgery (which remains his reconstructive interest), General Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial and Cleft Surgery, Microsurgical Reconstructive Surgery, Burns Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery.
On full completion of his Plastic Surgery training, Dr. Lim furthered his exposure in Plastic Surgery as a Fellow on the Pan Thames (London) rotation in the United Kingdom. Subsequent to that he obtained his Exit Certification in Plastic Surgery, was conferred Fellowship to the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, and was admitted to the Plastic Surgery Specialists Register.
Determined to go the extra mile, Dr. Lim took the additional step of sitting for and passing the FRCS (Plastic Surgery) exams held by the Intercollegiate Specialty Boards of the United Kingdom, where he was awarded the Ian MacGregor Gold Medal in Plastic Surgery. He is currently an Overseas Member of the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
All through his training, Dr. Lim continued with his interest in Hand Surgery, aesthetics and reconstruction, maintained close links with the Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery, and went on to obtain Specialist Exit Certification in Hand Surgery. Dr. Lim has dual exit certification in both Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery.
Dr. Lim’s Cosmetic Surgery exposure began at the start of his Plastic Surgery Advanced Training, and has been reinforced with exposure to Cosmetic Surgery in England, North America and Korea. His personal interests are in facial cosmetic surgery, laser and light cosmetic applications, cosmetic breast surgery and body contouring.
Dr. Lim accepted a position as Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Consultant Hand Surgeon at the National University Hospital on completion of his training.
Academically, Dr. Lim has been on Faculty in the Department of Surgery of the National University of Singapore (now called the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore) for many years. It was here that he started his research on scar biology and Cord Lining Stem Cell biology with his close friend and colleague A/Prof Phan Toan Thang. He remains to this day an adjunct Associate Professor in Surgery, and continues to regularly teach and conduct research there.
• Consultant Plastic Surgeon
• Consultant Hand Surgeon
• Adjunct Associate Professor in Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
• Member, Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons
• Member, Singapore Society for Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgeons
• Member, Singapore Society for Hand Surgery
• Full Active Member, North American Plastic Surgery Research Council
• Overseas Member, British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
• MINDEF Reserve (Formerly Army Major, Officer Commanding, ‘B’ Company, 3rd Combat Support Hospital, Singapore Armed Forces)
• Director, Skin Cell Research Group, National University of Singapore
• Founder and Medical Director, Cell Research Corporation, Singapore
• Founder and Medical Director, CordLabs, Singapore
• Pre-University Scholarship, Singapore
• Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Rockefeller University, New York, USA
• Yahya Cohen Gold Medal in Surgery, Singapore
• Saleh M Shenaq International Research Award, Plastic Surgery Research Council, USA
• Ian MacGregor Gold Medal in Plastic Surgery, British Association of Plastic Surgeons, UK
Ivor J Lim Plastic Surgery
38 Irrawaddy Road, Suite #11-60/61/62/63 Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, Singapore 329563