MB BCh BAO, LRCP & SI (Royal College of Surgeons In Ireland)
MRCS, Member of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
AFRCSI. Associate Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons In Ireland
MMed, Master of Medicine, National University of Singapore
FRCS, Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
FAMS, Fellow of Academy of Medicine, Singapore
FICS, Fellow of the International College of Surgeons, USA
Dr. Sanjay Nalachandran 善杰 graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 1997. He went on to complete his basic surgical training in Ireland and in 2000, became a member of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh & Ireland (MRCS, AFRCSI).
In 2001, he joined Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) where he received his advanced training in the field of General and Vascular surgery. In 2002, Dr Sanjay was awarded an MMed (Master of Medicine, General Surgery) by the National University of Singapore.
In 2005, Dr. Sanjay was conferred as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (FAMS). In the same year, he also received a Singapore Ministry of Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship to complete a one year advanced vascular surgery training program at Freeman Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
Upon returning, he worked in the General Surgical Department of Tan Tock Seng Hospital as a Consultant.
Dr Sanjay is experienced in the management and treatment of common general surgical conditions as well as emergency procedures. He is also trained in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
He has trained in both traditional vascular surgery and endovascular surgery. Dr Sanjay is well versed with the latest stenting and angioplasty procedures in Vascular surgery. He has particular expertise in laser techniques for varicose veins (EVLT) and spider veins, as well as other advanced vein-related procedures.
Dr Sanjay has always been enthusiastic and heavily involved with both undergraduate and post graduate medical education, in recognition of this, he has been awarded the position of Adjunct Assistant Professor for Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
Dr Sanjay has admitting privileges to Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Parkway East Hospital. He is also a visiting consultant at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Thomson Medical Centre.
Dr Sanjay is fluent in both spoken and written Mandarin and English.
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Member of American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
- Member of Singapore Laser society
- Member of Singapore Vascular Society
- Member of the American College of Phlebology
- Member of the International Society for Vascular Surgeons
- Member of Vascular Society of India
- Member of Vascular Society of Great Britain/ Ireland
- Visiting Consultant – Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Thomson Medical Centre and Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- General & Vascular Surgeon – Vein & General Surgery Clinic, Gleneagles Medical Centre
- General & Vascular Surgeon – Vein & General Surgery Clinic, Mt Elizabeth Hospital
- General & Vascular Surgeon – Vein & General Surgery Clinic, East Shore Hospital
- Consultant – General & Vascular Surgeon – Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Jan 2007 – Aug 2009
- Department representative – Joint Commission International
- Member of Tan Tock Seng Hospital AVF Protection Workgroup
- Member of Tan Tock Seng Hospital Ethics Committee
- Member of Tan Tock Seng Hospital Medical Records Committee
- Programme Director for department Johnson & Johnson GI and Vascular Workshop
- Registrar – General Surgery – Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Nov 2002 – Nov 2005
- Instructor for the Advanced Trauma Life Support Course
- Instructor for the Basic Surgical Skills Course (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh)
- Adjunct Assistant professor, Yong Loo Lin School of medicine, Department of surgery, NUS
Vein & General Surgery Clinic
6 Napier Road, Gleneagles Medical Centre #08-06, Singapore 258499